Microsoft announced on Monday (Jan 30th), they had started the private previews period of the new version of Microsoft Office, so far named Office 15. The tests phase of the new suite goes far beyond observing how the tools behave, as the new software suite integrates Office with other Microsoft products such as cloud storage and other mobile services.
Microsoft announced the beginning of the private previews in a blog post on Office Team official page. The company did not reveal which 'partners' will be testing out the new Office as there is a non-disclosure agreement between Microsoft and the "testers."
The new Office suite includes:
- Office, and its core programs of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Office 365, the web-based tool that’s often compared to Google Docs
- Exchange, the email-management tool
- SharePoint, the enterprise content management system
- Lync, an enterprise messaging and conferencing tool
- Project, a project-management program
- Visio, a diagram editor
The Office 15 is set to become available to general public together with the release of Windows 8.